Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 5 Gilda's Laughfest.

Well, I hated to see the week come to an end but, you know that tired feeling you get at the end of vacations because you've been on the go? That started to hit me on Friday afternoon, I was "almost" not looking forward to the Bob & Tom Allstars, but I DID say almost.

Once at the Ford Fieldhouse I was so glad I hadn't cancelled. I rejuvinated upon entering the facility. I saw "general admission" seating with almost no seats taken and went to town. Aisle seat, no two aisle seats because no one would believe I would go to a function all by myself...and no one did.

Saw a most impressive line up of Greg Warren, Costaki Economopoulos, Pat Dixon, Dwight Slade and one of my favorites, Tammy Pascatelli. The end of the evening was the best! They had announced that the performers would be in the back of the hall selling cd's and meeting the audience so I was geeked about that. As I move with the crowd leaving, I do not see any of the comics. So immediately tried to locate said performers and their wares, saw a small opening where a group was gathering back in the main room. Cutting over I found my heroes with almost crowd to deal with. There was a line forming at one end of the table where Tammy was, at the other Chick Magee and Greg Warren stood apart from the activity. Being a fan of Bob & Tom I had to go meet Chick and did so.

Here's where it go really cool, I asked Chick for his autograph, he complied then I asked Greg and he complied too. At that point I noticed that there was nobody in front of any other comic except Tammy; so I asked Costaki, would he sign my poster and he did. Instead of giving it back, Costaki turns to Pat Dixon and says "this guy wants our autograph" and Pat says "cool". Then without saying another word Pat handed my poster to Dwight who signed it and then handed it to Tammy.

It was like the world stopped while I watched this piece of paper get passed down the table. As this was happening I felt as if all the other fans were staring at me, like "who I am to get such treatment?" I'm nobody, except somebody who felt sorry for Chick standing by himself :) As the poster begins its back to my end of the table I definately notice people staring at me, this time for real. But hey, I didn't design the situation, I just fell into the right set of circumstances.

Now because of a little dumb luck and some moxy, I got a collectible I will cherish forever. More later, got to run now. Big show this Saturday as KayLyn Pace will be headlining her first show. Dont miss it. Until later, keep your stick on the ice and stay tuned.

No comments: