Friday, August 26, 2011

Music all around us...

Ok I know I'm slack on this and I am working on being better...but I have to catch up on blogging. I mean, I have stuff to talk about from last week. You're reading along seeing "dated" material and wondering why this lazy stiff (me) doesn't get up off his keaster and blog in a more timely manner? And it's a good, valid question----and don't have an answer :) So here goes:

The Summer Music Festival put on by the Michigan Musicians Collective last week was ... Awesome! I know at times it didn't like that to the workers there, but it was. It's hard to look at success objectively when you're right in the middle of the activity, but me and the rest of the Lamocu crew were eager to point out all the positives the M.M.C. had going for it. The biggest success of all is that for "next" year, they have one of the greatest marketing tools available---they will be able to say it's the SECOND ANNUAL! That screams volumes to potential advertisers and sponsors. Yeah it's not as prestiges as "the twenty-fifth anniversary" or "fifteenth annual" but hey, you know how many events fold after the first time? Too many.

My personal thanks to Bob, Dave, Doc, Kees, Annie, Cathie and everyone there who made Lamocu feel so welcome. Special thanks to Johnny Awesome (yes that's really his name...or he's in the Witness Protection Program, we're not sure) for being himself---if you've had this pleasure that says it all :) Appreciate the culinary tips from Dave on when the correct time is to add "special herbs & seasonings" to melted butter---sound advice and not the kind you get from Rachel Ray;) Bottom line, our hats are off to the M.M.C. of which we, Lamocu Productions is proud to be a member of.

More later, until then keep your stick on the ice and stay tuned.

No comments: