Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Show's approaching...

With our November show of Performances @ The Well approaching I took some time off and went to the Open Mic at Memories last night. The Michigan Musician's Collective holds these Open Mic's on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at Memories as well as countless locations throughout southeastern Michigan. I always encourage performers to register at this site and begin networking with others. Some performers do and some don't, but all seem to say the same thing "there's no place to play". Well there is no excuse for that really. I mean some of the venues may be a drive and tough to do on weeknight but, I'm sitting at Memories with five other people and just that morning I heard a guitar picker moan "man I wish there was a place to jam".

I went to network myself and meet long time correspondent pal Bob Clarke who was running the show. To my delight I got to meet Kees Oosthoek the administrator of Michigan Musician's Collective site and it's founder. I told them both the work they are doing in fabulous and under appreciated. So from now on, when I get notice of an Open Mic, I'm going to post it here and follow up with my performers to see if they're taking advantage of it. Speaking of which...
there is an Open Mic tonight :

Time: November 16, 2010 at 7pm to December 27, 2011 at 11pm
Location: Billy's Tip'n Inn, White Lake, MI
Organized By: Phil Vigelius
Event Description:Open Mic jam hosted by Phill Vigelius.Equipment: PA, drums, keyboard, 1 bass amp , 1 guitar ampAll styles welcome

Tomorrow's Stray Dog session in Milford has been cancelled, set to resume the Wednesday after Thanksgiving.

Also, for those of you lucky enough to see KayLyn Pace at the Cystic Fibrosis show last month, she will be at Zukey Lake Tavern on the 26th. KayLyn will be warming up for Nashville recording star Justine Blazer. Get there early for a good seat, Zukey traditionally fills early on a Friday and even earlier when there's music---hope to see you there.


This Saturday's show marks the first time we have taken out a newspaper ad, one that will run this Wed., Thur., and Friday. There is the "possibility" though remote that they may do a feature on our work with this series, but no guarantee. Also we will be handing out commemorative candies from Oh My Lolli to mark this special occasion for us. This is THE season the help Gleaners so come out, rock your socks off and kick off the holiday season with us, Shadowglen and Lauren Alm.






Until tomorrow, keep your stick on the ice and stay tuned.

No comments: