Monday, December 29, 2008

End of the year! Part One

Well I apologize for being so lax in my installments here. Promise things will get better in 2009. But man what a 2008! If you knew where I was and where Lamocu Productions was just six months ago your head would be spinning as much as mine. So many contacts, so many opportunities awaiting!


In my next installment I will be giving out kudos to all those who helped make this year a special one. But here are very special people that I must mention now.

Sandi Maki and Al Curtis of The Insights Group. If you don't know these two people and what they do at The Insights Group, you are depriving yourself. Check these two and The Insights Group out, you and your business will be better off I guarantee it.

Trevor Smith for hosting our first Open Mic night months ago. As you have read in recent installments, Trevor is about to hit it big and we're very proud and thankful of the time we spent together.

Lauren Alm, like Trevor, a true local talent about to make it big and we appreciate the time she has spent with us. NOTE: Lauren is headlining our 2009 Open Mic kickoff on Jan. 10th!

Linda Strang, who has believed in me from the beginning. Enough said. Every successful business needs a Linda Strang behind them!

Dan Burkholder, who has been more than a boss, he's become a friend. I know many times he has wondered about me. Many times he has walked away shaking his head and laughing at one of my ideas, but through it all has been one of my biggest supporters and sources of courage.

Pastor Don Weatherup, my friend, confidant and biggest supporter! Where would I be without his guidance and shoulder to cry on? EVERY time I have been down, Don has picked me up and made me believe in myself again. No matter what you're demomination, the place would be a better world with more Don Weatherups around.

Finally, on this short list, Mike Clark and Dave Gibbons. Friends for decades, seen me in practically every situation imaginable and were the first "followers" of the Lamocu blog. Even before there was anything interesting on this blog, they signed up---on the same day even. They did it because they are friends---or they're incredibly bored. Either way I've always been able to count on them to be there for me. Thanks to two of the original Hosers!

This is just a start, but accolades for these nine are long overdue. More to come after the holiday when I have time to reflect. New Years Day is coming fast and promises to be hectic one for me since my Spartans are on the SAME time as the Red Wings. I thought I'd never say this, but I wish I had Tivo. More later, enjoy the holiday and be safe.

3 comments:

Sandra Maki, First Lady, InSights Group said...

Thanks for the kind words Al. We are happy to be a part of your redefining moments in 2008 and look forward to even more success in store for 2009. Keep it up!
Hugs,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Yea Bro glad things are going good for you and I know things will continue to improve in the next year. Just keep looking up and working hard . I know now and have always known you can do it!

Michael Clark said...

So Dan thought Big Dave and I distracted from the blog....Well, he always had a good eye for those sort of things... :)

I wish all the best for you in every single adventure you take on in 2009. Give me a call if you ever need a Hosers help!!!

-Michael